Friday, February 25, 2011

Cuba in Crisis Mission Event 411 and FAQ - Upgraded

Share
Cuba in crisis In six days, Cuba will be overrun!

A shadowy organization called the Neo-Imperium is secretly working to destabilize the current world order and control all criminal activities throughout the planet. The Neo-Imperium are attempting to overthrow the government and install a puppet leader to establish one of the biggest drug trafficking centers in the world. This is a warning to all Mafia crime bosses that Cuba is no longer safe.

It’s time to head to Cuba and complete a series of missions to combat this new organization before time runs out and all players will be locked out from Cuba. You have until March 2 to complete these missions and do all other activities in Cuba.  Job mastery in Cuba will be 5X and a new loot item will drop from jobs and fights in this unstable country. There are also new loot items and a 10% cash bonus for Mafia players who complete all the tasks in the allotted time.

You’ll need a lot of Politico Corruptos from your Bribery Ring property in Cuba to finish your “Crisis in Cuba” mission. If you’re running low on corrupt politicians, don’t worry. You’ll be able to send Politico Corruptos to your Mafia and request them from your friends through the Gift Page. The “Crisis in Cuba” Mission is available to users level 18 and above.
 http://blog.mafiawars.com/2011/02/global-mission-crisis-in-cuba.html

Cuba in Crisis - Mission Event
***Important Notice***

The mafia development team is aware of a problem that is preventing users from gaining access to the Cuba in Crisis Mission. At this moment the Zynga Support Team does not have a workaround to this particular however a fix to this problem will be introduced shortly. Thank you for your understanding while this problem is addressed.

Seasons change, and in March, Mafia Wars will change in an unprecedented way.
Q: Cuba is closing, why?
A: We have some major things coming up in March, and part of the storyline involves the closing down of Cuba.  'A major disruption is about to happen. A powerful, new criminal organization is wreaking havoc on the current world order. This has caused an uprising in Cuba where all Mafia bosses will be deported. It will soon be revealed where and why this new criminal organization, the Neo-Imperium, is disrupting Cuba.'
Q: What do you mean closing?
A: Cuba will no longer be accessible. It will be grayed out on the travel menu and any attempts to get to Cuba will be stopped with a popup.  You will not be able to vault or revault Cuba collections.  You will not be able to collect from Cuba properties or access the Cuba bank.  You will not be able to complete Cuba achievements.  You will not be able to fight or rob in Cuba.

Q: When will this happen?
A: Cuba will be closing on March 3rd.

Q: Is this permanent?
A: Cuba will be closed for the foreseeable future.

Q: When does Crisis in Cuba start/end?

A: This event starts late Wednesday night, February 23rd.  As with all events, the release will be gradual to ensure stability.  (Not all players will have access initially)

Q: What if I have finished Cuba already?
A: In order to complete Cuba in Crisis mission, you will need to loot Prop 4's. This will only drop in jobs and fights (but not robs) in Cuba. Completing the mission will award you with the Special Mastery Item, an Embargo Net that will result in an additional 10% cash in .

Q: What if I haven't finished Cuba already?
A: In addition to the Prop 4's, you will receive 5x Mastery on unmastered jobs. You might also want to ask for Politico Corruptos from your friends.  Mastered jobs reward you with a skill point.
In addition, there are Mastery Items for mastering each tier (El Rey Roadster, Guerilla Commando, Avispa Machine Gun, Che's Beret, Cocodrilo, and Cazador Assault Rifle)  If you haven't vaulted the Cuba collections, each of them offer a permanent addition to your skill.
*Rum Drinks Collection initial vault = + 8 Energy
*Tropical Fruits Collection initial vault = +3 Stamina
*Entertainers Collection initial vault = +10 Health
*Tropical Fish Collection initial vault = +5 Attack
*Beards Collection initial vault = +7 Defense
There are also Cuba achievements that offer a skill point for completion.

Q: What if I don't finish Cuba in time?
A: Your Cuba progress will be frozen.

Q: I like fighting in Cuba!
A:  The Cuba version of fighting will also be closed for the foreseeable future.
 http://zynga.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4030/cissues/1

19 comments:

  1. What happens with all my weapons, armors, cars, and animals that are purchased in Cuba will it disappear when Cuba is closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, but i found nothing about that nowhere.And there are some rare,uncommon items in my inventory. That would be interesting to found out, indeed,what about items purchased or dropped or whatever...in Cuba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zynga you have to be kidding! You are really putting a royal screwing to the new players that have no chance of finishing Cuba. Skill points that will be lost or will never be able to get now. Zynga is overlooking some very important stuff. I realize that upgrades are important for progress. I'm standing up for the new players on this BAD CHOICE veterans and the one's that have completed Cuba I understand it will have no big affect on. You should be dishing out some "Reward Points" to those who don't or can't finish it so they can at least get the skill points purchased. Is Zynga related to Gaddafi? Or some other dictator?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5x's won't get everyone through it! Eliminate PC's all together. A low level player doesn't or can't make it through even at 5x's. Break out Energy packs every 4 hours, drop the weapon requirements, and give them all the Cuba achievements while your at it. You have this mission going on at the same time and the little guys are in Cuba trying to fight and just tearing them up in fighting and robbing. Did you hire Wiley Coyote as one of your new designers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you two are talking about new players...what about old, high level players, who has lot of energy and stamina, and nowhere to spend it on.
    I think low lvl players will be compensated somehow, but high lvl need some place to play.....or just quit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you ---- screw the newbies crying! should have been here when it was just NY....!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, NY - no itrs,blackmails...and now they would be able to get faster to NEVER ENDING STORY - Bangkok (the most annoying city - i think)-no money,farming for money...I have nothing against new players, but it seems they always have some compensations, where was that compensations when we started to play.
    Sry newbies i am maybe just jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I apologize to everyone that left comments on this post. It really is not my habit, to leave comments under "Anonymous". Accordingly, comments under the numbers: 5 and 7 - left as "Anonymous", are mine, sorry again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not anonymous! But that person you are referring to is me a high level player. With plenty of energy, stamina, weapons, and skill points. I've been done with NY, Cuba, Moscow, Vegas, and Italy(just completed 100%). I help my other players plus ice/beat up people like you fighting is what I do with my time on Mafia Wars. Do operations for my mafia and help on them! I've been playing for going on 3yr's so don't give me that crap "noting to do".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh forgot to put Bangkok in that finished list. I belong to many clans/groups as well. Alliance Officer and Admin in 4 groups. Some people like myself don't focus on using skill points for ENERGY and use them for STAMINA,ATTACK,HEALTH,and DEFENSE. I have many fighters in my mafia over levels 500-800 that only have 700-1200 energy and have 1500-2000 stamina. Att/Def skills are well over a combined total of 6000-12000. We focus on FIGHTING not jobs better LOOT in fighting. If you play this game with just your own self in mind quit playing and do us all a favor. Zynga can come up with a different strategy, they are just taking the easy way out so they don't have to redesign the game to bring in a new city/country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm at lvl 1072 with over a combined att/def skill of 14,000, 140,000+ on both mafia weapons. My other account is lvl 2000+ with 7000 energy points with all other skills above average I never run out of things to do. FIGHT then I FIGHT some more. Send loot to my mafia friends and groups everyday to get them maxed out to go fight then fight some more! Ice and Kill is what we do if you want to play a game go play "Chutes and Ladders" with the toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, Greg
    I'm sorry if you thought so, but this time i was thinking on myself. I only put forward their opinions about players high or a small level. For this, of course, and I have the right. Regarding the level, I'm at level 1334, completed all the towns, missions, Atlantic City, mastered the event 3 times ....... and the difference between you and me is just a fact, that you belong to a clan or several, I do not belong to anyone, but my nearly 5000 friends, with whom I play every day together. And where have you in my commentary found "nothing to do"?
    You've made my three rows text into a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greg is an ass with no life. Several players in my mafia would dust him off like nothing the flea bag he is. I have a life and play gradually I don't buy points which in my opinion and many is cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like Moscow is next.

    ReplyDelete
  15. DEE: CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ASAP? I SEEM TO HAVE A CLAN OR A GROUP THAT HAS BEEN HITTING ME HARD THE LAST WEEK OR SO..I THOUGHT IT WUD STOP BUT HAS CONTINUED. THE LAST ONE WAS THE LADY A LEVEL 1244 WHO HIT ME 34 TIMES???I NEED SOME HELP..THANKS SCOTT....http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/profile.php?id=%7B%22user%22%3A%22cHw2ODA5NjkyOQ%3D%3D%22%7D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Scot, if it is not a problem, could you stuffs like this put on our fun page, from here it is little difficult to follow.For now, this profile number you put here told me that this is "ιαdψ ïςε pαη†Îµrα" level 1204 Fearless. So, or you mistyped or we are talking about different profiles? :(
    There are players that are fighting this way, or just simply put you among rivals, and hit you over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK... I don't get the whole Cuba and Moscow closed thing. I'm outta Mafia Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  18. my mini mission want to fight 30 times in cuba but cuba is close :( . what should i do now

    ReplyDelete
  19. you can't do anything, just wait zynga to pull out those kind of missions, or that mission from your account, and accounts of all other players with the same problem :(

    ReplyDelete