Friday, November 12, 2010

"Unknown" Friends in Mafia Wars

Share
"I have members with the name 'Unknown' in my mafia"

Thanks for reporting this bug.  Our developers are investigating this currently.
It is possible those members
1) Have blocked the Mafia Wars application
2) Have removed the Mafia Wars application
3) Are no longer friends with you on the social network
4) Have a privacy setting that prevents the transmitting of that person's name.
5) Are no longer on Facebook
6) Have not played Mafia Wars in a long time

If you no longer wish to see these members in your mafia, you can do the following to remove them
1) Select on the My Mafia tab on the My Mafia page
2) Select the "Unknown" player's profile
3) Click on 'Remove from Mafia'

For those of you with larger Mafia sizes, we understand that this can be tedious and time-consuming.  However, Customer Support does not have an easier way to selectively remove them from your mafia.

10 comments:

  1. some friends have had issues with facebook and their names... some of them have unknown instead of their names,, once the isue is sorted their name returns,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer given by Zynga ia a bunch of B.S. i had 63 "(Unknown)"s and haven't been with MW long enough to have forgotten the handful that quit. Another MW player has well over 100 of the same. All of these "(Unknown)"s appeared at the same time in one big bunch. Oddly, nearly all of them has properties that were open and ripe for robbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the feature : "remove ... MW members" back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name shows up as "Unknown" everytime I post something to friends pages through MW. I WILL NOT spend 15 RP's on a name change, and there is no one I have found that can help me get my name back! WTH?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am coming up unknown, mafia is not blocked any longer hasn't been for well over a month, my privacy settings are set properly,

    ReplyDelete
  6. make screenshot & contact Zynga support

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ALREADY SPENT 15 RP and still appear like unknown in my friends mafia. Even removed and invited back to mafia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. contact Zynga support

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also mr.unknown.. Spent 15 rp, and i am still unknown. i lose ALOT of gift because my mafia can´t find me find there. Glad that facebook is for free and mafia wars is for free -I´LL WILL NEVER USE A DOLLAR ON THIS UNSTABIL SYSTEM !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped playing MW a few months ago and came back over a month ago... Sorry, but I play different games .... now my own name says I am "Unknown"... Yes, it says I am Unknown and I can see it myself !! And I thought over time it would pick up my name, but nope, today I am still Unknown....

    ReplyDelete