Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More on San Juan

Share
It's finally "On In San Juan" for me and I was determined to finish as quickly as possible. You never know when it will be off again. I've covered most of the details in previous articles. I'll just go over a few areas in this one. It took a lot of stamina, health, money (to heal), consumables, and help to complete this event. In addition to the 4 great loot items, I got a total of 12 Skill Points (1 for each of the 12 fights).
Introduction
When San Juan is "On", you will notice the banner has an "Expand" button. When you click on it, the first boss is ready to be attacked.
I clicked on the "What's this ?" question mark and instructions appeared. These are the most detailed set of instructions I've seen in the game. I was expecting it to say something like "Use your stamina to attack the boss and go to The Marketplace when you run out".
Asking For Help
Before you start the fight, you have the option to ask your mafia to help you. They will fight the boss the same way you do but their attacks will count towards your boss fight. The more people that help you, the quicker your Boss will be defeated.
I was happy to have this option and saved it for the harder boss fights. When I utilized the "Ask for Help" button, I got Zynga'ed. In addition to not being able to post my help request, the timer was reset to 2 hours. I did learn that you can ask for help once every 2 hours per boss.
My timer was around 40 minutes for Don Ramirez when I beat him. I didn't have to wait to ask for help when I finally go to Big Lou. Starting a new boss fight starts a new timer.

Consumables
The consumables do different things for the San Juan Bosses than they do for New York and Las Vegas Bosses. In the image below, I highlighted the differences. In San Juan, Health kits heal you to 100% instead of 20-30%, Stun Guns last for 2 attacks instead of 1, Shiv's deal 30% damage instead of an undetermined amount of "light damage" and the Grenades don't seem to have changed. In the image below, I highlighted the differences in the descriptions from the game.
Helping Your Mafia
It's worth it to help your mafia members. The Experience/Stamina ratios are good and if you can't get the loot items from beating the Bosses on your own, you can get them for helping. To start helping your mafia members, look through your news feeds and click on the phrase "Help defeat XXXXX" located at the bottom right corner of the post.

It can get frustrating when you try to help. I always forget to heal myself prior to and if I remember, it's something else!
I had my energy account help me with Big Lou on the Gold Level and it was rewarded a Red Piranha (110/82) for doing so. You can see below that my energy account didn't do any of the boss fights. When I defeated Big Lou with my main account, the Red Piranha was also added to the inventory of my energy account. The only loot item you can't get by helping is the The Outlander. You have to be one of the top 5 helpers and you won't get the loot item if you already have it.
The experience/stamina ratios are pretty good for helping your friends fight the bosses. Here are a few random shots taken while I was helping my mafia members. No matter what Level I was helping with I always got 8 experience points. The exp/stamina ratio for helping with Bronze Level Bosses is 8:1, Silver Level is 4:1 and Gold is 2:1. In addition to experience points, you also get Las Vegas currency and on occasion a random number of Victory Coins.
If you are one of the top 5 helpers for your mafia member and he/she beats the boss you will gain additional experience and cash if you already have the loot item in your inventory. Here is what I got for helping others once I finished the event.
Bonuses
When you win any of the boss fights, you get the option to "Celebrate and let friends get a bonus". Click on the "Share" button and publish the post. When friends click on "Get Bonus", they will get 20 experience points and $V1,000. You can get 10 bonuses a day.

http://mwlootlady.blogspot.com/2010/09/more-on-san-juan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment